Monday, September 21, 2009

Talking About Time (Poem)

Time is too much of an issue for too many friends, their days dizzying, their minds exhausted and their souls depleted. Their preoccupation with time prompted this poem.

Telling Time

At any moment in time
you are serving time:

watching the clock
punching the clock
working 'round the clock.

You say you have no down time.
You have a timetable to meet.

You must be on time
never get behind time
and in no time

Budget your time
bill for time
charge for time
without ever taking your own time.

I say by the time
you're done measuring time
by the hour the minute the half-second

Your time has come and gone.

I value my time, too,
but I don't eat up time
trying to find time
to have the time of my life.

Most of the time
I take time
at the right time
just for me.

You say you can't change time.

I claim anyone can change over time.

It's a timeless argument,
this notion of keeping time.

So, for the time being,
let's save us both some time.

After all,
if all you can show for your time
is that you're a ticking time bomb

We must be living in different time zones.

Copyright 2009 Maureen E. Doallas.
All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a good time
i had reading this :-)