Thursday, October 16, 2014

New Artist Watch Feature at Escape Into Life



Page Turner, Cloak & Dagger, Assemblage, 10" x 4" x 4", 2012

Please join me today for my new Artist Watch feature at the online arts magazine Escape Into Life. I'm especially pleased to present Page Turner, whose wonderful assemblages under bell jars I first saw at an art show curated by Judith HeartSong.

Page's constructions are entirely hand-made. Her choice of materials, which reflect a background steeped in the domestic arts, are inspired and sometimes quite delicate. At the exhibition I attended, I spent considerable time just looking at her tiny works, which are so evocative as to be unforgettable. Their social commentary can be profound.

At EIL today, you'll find images of eight of Page's sculptures, Page's insightful Artist Statement, a detailed biography, and links to a museum and arts center where Page will be exhibiting next year. Page has been enjoying a considerable amount of well-deserved attention since last year. Please watch for her forthcoming catalogue. It promises to be a keepsake.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous, evocative stuff.